Angus is a Director at WRP Legal & Advisory, specialising in Tax, Corporate and Commercial law.
He has extensive experience advising local, national and international clients in relation to structuring new ventures (including projects) and restructuring existing ventures. He also regularly advises clients in relation to all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including initial transaction structuring and strategy, due diligence, negotiation, financing and completion.
Angus started his professional life at a Big 4 accounting firm in its tax and legal section before moving to a large national law firm, where he spent the next decade before moving to WRP Legal & Advisory in January 2021. Angus still regularly provides tax advice. His tax background allows him to apply this knowledge to assist with the above work, identify issues throughout the engagement, and communicate effectively with a client’s accounting and finance advisors and tax agents.
Angus has developed an in-depth knowledge of various industries, including energy (and particularly, renewable energy), wine, agriculture, healthcare and professional services.
Angus also regularly assists clients document or understand their arrangements in relation to owning and operating their ventures (including providing advice in relation to Shareholder Agreements, Partnership Agreements etc).
- Corporate and commercial law
- General business advisory
- State and federal taxation
- Flinders University – Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice
- Flinders University – Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Admitted to Practice in the Supreme Court of South Australia
- Member, Tax Institute of Australia
- Member, International Wine Law Association (Australasian Section)
- SANFL Tribunal Commissioner