Nick joined WRP Legal & Advisory in 2018 after ‘cutting his teeth’ at one of Adelaide’s reputable commercial law firms. Nick approaches his clients’ needs in the same manner as he approaches all aspects of life; be proactive, be positive and smile.
Nick believes that given the complicated nature of the law, in particular tax law, practitioners must breakdown the issues and communicate in plain English to their clients (a proven approach employed when Nick tutored university students auditing and accounting standards).
Nick considers that taxation implications are often significant driving factors of any commercial transaction, no matter the size of the transaction. Understanding all the commercial factors, however, is key to providing efficient and appropriate advice to clients.
Nick works with the directors and other practitioners to provide advice on a wide range of corporate, commercial and taxation issues (at both federal and state level), to a broad range of clients including private individuals, family groups, large companies, and not-for-profit organisations.
Nick has extensive experience in taxation advisory as well as dispute resolution and lodging submissions with federal and state revenue authorities for a wide variety of issues including taxation on image rights for sports and media personalities and the 2019 SA land tax reforms.
Nick regularly advises on commercial transactions, in particular taxation planning and structuring, asset acquisitions and disposals, taxation compliance, not-for-profit organisations, restructures and transactional advice.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Nick worked as a tax accountant and company auditor (ending up with Pitcher Partners SA). Nick previously was a tutor in Financial Accounting and Auditing at the Adelaide University Business School.
Nick specialises in the areas of:
- Taxation advisory, Taxation compliance, Taxation planning & structuring, and Taxation dispute resolution.
- Commercial transactions, asset acquisitions & disposals.
- Restructures and transactional advice
- University of Adelaide – Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- University of Adelaide – Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) (Honours)
- The College of Law – Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Member of the Law Society of South Australia
- Member of The Tax Institute
- Admitted to Practice in the Supreme Court of South Australia
- Admitted to Practice in the High Court of Australia
- Golden Key International Honour Society Member